Re: Question regarding Bison and Hypermail

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Question regarding Bison and Hypermail
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 01:27:19 +0200

At 23:16 +0000 2005/05/10, Hung Pham wrote:
I am trying to install Hypermail and based on the errormessages, I need to install Bison which I did. I then tried to run "make" in Hypermail and here is what I get for the error messages:

Expect 13 shift/reduce conflicts.
bison -y getdate.y
conflicts: 13 shift/reduce
*** Signal 13
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `getdate.c'
Current working directory /opt/hypermail-2.2.0/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `hypermail'

I think this has more to do with Bison than it does Hypermail. If anyone has any suggestions, please reply. This is for a project and I am running out of time. I am installing all this on Solaris 9.

I think this question has been up here before, and it is a problem in the getdate package, some another GNU software. Contact those who wrote it.