Re: About flex source, please help

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: About flex source, please help
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:00:07 +0200

At 15:31 +0800 2005/05/11, ȃê‚å„ wrote:
Trying to read flex2.5.4 source code, found it's hard to understand, Does anybody have some design document about flex?
or have the same interest with me. Maybe we can discuss it.

I am not a Flex developer, but I doubt it, because the same question has some up a couple of times about Bison, and there, really nothing is available. The best way might be to read the sources and in books about lexer generator construction. For example, Flex uses a fairly standard two step regular expression -> NFA -> DFA construction. You might also ask in the newsgroup comp.compilers, and checking its FAQ, published there monthly. Also, the latest Flex versions, including CVS, are available at:
    http://lex.sourceforge.net/