Re: Fwd: Q: processing multiple mixed data streams using bison

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Fwd: Q: processing multiple mixed data streams using bison
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 18:27:28 +0200

At 23:53 -0700 2005/05/28, Mohit Jaggi wrote:
Hi All,
I am trying to process multiple interleaved streams of data in a
single process/thread using yacc/bison. Let us say I am running a
server and have thousands of clients sending me requests at the same
time.

It seems the parser code uses global variables to keep its state while
parsing. I guess that one can introduce code to save all the variables
and restore them...has anyone tried this before?

You do not say what Bison version you are using. I think that the C-parser, by now, is fully pure. There has recently been released a new version Bison 2005/05/23, see

Question about making Flex generating a pure lexer should be directed to: