flex input and malloc

From: jojo
Subject: flex input and malloc
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 18:36:24 +0200

Hello NG,
because there is no NG for flex i post it here.
I want to make a scanner for my microcontroller who is getting messages (not
longer than 160 chars; example: "var1=34.34;var2="test";var3=5"). Those
messages are stored in a buffer (char buff[160]). The mc should scan and react
to this messages in doing something and post a message back. My problem is that
flex is allocating space on heap - well, that works on the controller but I
didnĀ“t want to do because of less space and all problems that can occur with
that (memory leaks etc) . Is there a way to use static memory (array)? Perhaps
there are other versions of lex who supports this?

Thanks,
Joachim