Flex/Bison: which version to use?

From: Frans Englich
Subject: Flex/Bison: which version to use?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:28:51 +0000

Hello,

From a vague memory of fellow developers' experiences, I have the idea that
what version of Bison/Flex one use is significant. But perhaps that isn't
relevant anymore.

For my project, written in C++, I simply downloaded the latest versions(at
least at that time); I use Bison 2.0, and Flex 2.5.31.

Does it matter what version one uses? What is recommended? For what scenarios
does version matter(portability, programming language, functionality, etc)?
(if at all)

Another question; I noticed that I had "flex++" installed, as well as that
"bison++" exists, after a quick googling. Are those "++" versions established
software which people use? What are their advantages? When should I need to
think about whether I should use the "++" programs?

Thanks in advance,

                Frans