Re: print reduced input string

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: print reduced input string
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:24:04 +0200

On 21 Aug 2005, at 18:35, Andreas Wapf wrote:

How is it possible to print out the input value reduced by a rule inside
an action .

As an example:

stmts:    stmts, stmt
    | stmt
          {
            printf(???);
          }

For example stmt is an "if a then b" statement. The $1 value of this
stmt returns me a "if" node. I do not like to print the node, insteed
the printf(???) should output "if a then b". Is this possible?

Assuming that your semantic values rpoduces strings, the in pseudocode, you would write something like:

conditional:
    IF boole THEN statement ELSE statement {
      print "if " + $2 + " then " + $4 + " else " + $ 5
    }

And similar for all other rules.