Re: lalr1.cc copyright block

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: lalr1.cc copyright block
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:33:34 +0100

On 16 Nov 2005, at 18:35, Alexei Khlebnikov wrote:

I've noted that when using lalr1.cc skeleton, the resulted generated
parser file does not have "special exception"

/* As a special exception, when this file is copied by Bison into a
Bison output file, you may use that output file without restriction.
   This special exception was added by the Free Software Foundation
   in version 1.24 of Bison.  */

, while when using yacc.c, this exception is present.

Is it intended bison behaviour and bison is not going to support C++
parsers for closed-source programs?

This was discussed before in this list, though I do not remember exactly when. Apparently, the things are as intended, though they may change in later versions, so that the C++ skeleton becomes what is in the C skeleton.

Also, the copyright notice in the output file only applies to the portions generated by the skeleton file; the stuff in the grammar is copyrighted by you.