Re: Broken pipe

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Broken pipe
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:39:29 +0100

On 5 Dec 2005, at 09:33, hzmonte (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:

I don't know whether this is true but it seems the m4 must be GNU m4. On my school's Solaris 9 system, the m4 installed does not appear to be GNU's m4, and I have this "broken pipe" problem when using bison 1.875. And I am not able to install GNU m4 on Solaris to confirm my suspicion because I do not have the authority.

You can install it into your home directory, and set the PATH variable, by putting it into the appropriate startup file of the shell you are running (see the man-page of the shell you are running for details). For example, under bash, one might put into ".profile" and ".bashrc" something like:
  PATH=<bin>:<old path>
where <old path> is the result of the line command
  echo $PATH
and <bin> is where you put your locally installed binaries.