Pure scanner using the sample C++ scanner

From: Olivier Delannoy
Subject: Pure scanner using the sample C++ scanner
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:52:54 +0100

Hello, I am new to the list so I will find search the mailing list a
perfect answer to my problem.

What is the best way to have a fully reentrant scanner and parser in
bison >= 2.0 / flex. >= 2.5.27. The example in the Bison manual
discuss a C++ parser (pure parser) and so reentrant but relies on a
standard scanner which does not share the same property. I think the
documentation in this section is not clear on what is reentrant and
what isn't and the example whould be more usefull if both the parser
and the scanner where reentrant. I think the solution consists in
using pure parser and store the flex scanner object within the driver
too. The main problem concerning this is how to make bison pass the
scanner to flex each time it query for the next token.

Thanks for your answered.

Olivier