Re: Possible to change name of enum yytokentype?

From: Frans Englich
Subject: Re: Possible to change name of enum yytokentype?
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:14:45 +0000

On Friday 10 February 2006 23:10, Joel E. Denny wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Frans Englich wrote:
> > On Friday 10 February 2006 17:13, Frans Englich wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Is it possible to change the name of the yytokentype enum? In my case,
> > > I would rather have it named TokenType. What is the easiest way of
> > > achieving that?
>
> Would a simple typedef serve your purpose?

I think so; "typedef yytokentype MyName;".

> > Also, why is the defines provides in addition to the enum?
>
> For POSIX yacc.
>
> > In this way one
> > cannot actually use the enum since the defines kicks in. Is there anyway
> > to make it not put the defines there, but only the enum?
>
> We've been discussing getting rid of the #define's when not using --yacc,
> but nothing has been decided yet.

Ok, that would certainly be nice. Perhaps an option or switch(named
tokentypename, perhaps?) that adds a typedef with a specified name, and
supresses #define generation if the --yacc option is not specified.

Is there anyway I can keep myself updated on the progress of this?

> You could try writing a sed script in
> the meantime.

I likely will.

                Frans