Re: Porting Bison-2.0 to EBCDIC host

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Porting Bison-2.0 to EBCDIC host
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 23:17:26 -0700

Hans Aberg <address@hidden> writes:

> On 3 Jul 2006, at 22:45, RichAnderson wrote:
>
>> I am attempting to port Bison 2.0 to a machine which uses the EBCDIC
>> character set. This version of bison wants to use itself to rebuild
>> parse-gram.y.

It shouldn't want to do that, unless you've modified parse-gram.y, or
the time stamps have been messed with.  If the former, you need to
first build Bison 2.0 without modifying anything, and then use 2.0 to
bootstrap your own version.  If the latter, please fix the time stamps
(e.g., by extracting afresh from the tarball) and start over.

I don't recommend Bison 2.0 any more, by the way.  I'd use 2.3; it has
a lot of bugs fixed and should be more stable.

<ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bison/bison-2.3.tar.gz>