Understanding C parsers generated by GNU Bison

From: Satya
Subject: Understanding C parsers generated by GNU Bison
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:22:15 -0500

hi,
I had been studying Bison for a while now, and I came up with this small
writeup on the internals of a parser generated by Bison 2.3. I described the
tables and operation of a bare yyparse() (sans the more gory details like
stack relocation and error handling).

http://cs.uic.edu/~spopuri/cparser.html

I have done this in the hope that it will be useful for anyone who wants to
change the skeleton/ hand optimize the generated parser or simply want to
understand whats going on. It would be great if anyone knowledgeable about
the current yacc.c skeleton can go through this and pass me
comments/corrections etc.

thanks,
./satya.