Re: Platforms supported by Bison

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Platforms supported by Bison
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:59:42 +0100

On 28 Dec 2006, at 19:21, YiQing Yang wrote:

I would like to know if it supports Windows, Linux and major UNIX systems
(Sun, HP, IBM).
If I want to try Bison on a particular system, what settings do I need to
make before trying to run it.

Note that there is a difference between running Bison on a system and the parsers it generates. The latter are generally written to be multiplatform. So a distribution of a project using a Bison generated parser may typically include the parser, allowing the end user to compile it from the .y file, if need would arise. This distribution method is to be recommended, because the Bison versions supplied with the system may often be quite old.