Re: How to use C++ types in '%union declaration'

From: Bob Rossi
Subject: Re: How to use C++ types in '%union declaration'
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 13:47:07 -0500

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 01:49:26PM -0500, Joel E. Denny wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, Bob Rossi wrote:
>
> > How come if I do
> >
> >   %union {
> >     std::string *foo;
> >   }
> >
> > I get,
> >   error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘std’
>
> This doesn't happen to me.  Can you post a small but complete grammar file
> that demonstrates this?  Thanks.

I see the problem now. I #include OutGrammar.h into Lexer.l.
OutGrammar.h has the C++ type (std::string) information in it.

This causes a compile error when the C lexer (Lexer.c) is being
compiled. Is there a standard work around for this? I don't see any
obvious way to make Lexer.l turn into Lexer.cxx using automake.
Anyone know how?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi