Re: for loops in C style

From: Ilyes Gouta
Subject: Re: for loops in C style
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:23:20 +0100

Hi!

Thanks for your help.

If I setup a new fexpr (and a new fassignment) that would accept
nothing or expression, i.e:

fexpr:
    | expr;

for_stmt:
    for (fassignment; fexpr; fassignment) block

How can I define an action that would be triggered only for the empty
expressions? (I have to differentiate between the two cases since they
won't have a common action)

The only meaningful way, I found on the net to handle this, is this one:
http://www.cs.uaf.edu/2007/fall/cs631/Cyacc.y

Basically what it's done is enumerating all the possibilities for the
construction of the for loop. Is it the only way do things clearly and
properly?

Best regards,
Ilyes Gouta.