Re: bison push parser, and autoconf

From: Francesco Salvestrini
Subject: Re: bison push parser, and autoconf
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:25:18 +0100

Hi Bob,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Bob Rossi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have a small problem. I want to make a release of cgdb soon, and I
>  realized that I currently build my parser with the push parser
>  interface. For now, I can disable building the parser, since it isn't
>  in use yet.
>
>  However, in the near future, after the bison release, I might finally
>  start using this parser. So, I currently use AC_PROG_YACC in my
>  configure.init. I'm realizing that is not longer good enough.
>
>  I need something that will check for bison, and will check for the
>  version of bison, or for the push parser feature. Does anyone have any
>  suggestions for me?

A very simple macro (maybe still buggy) that should be useful to look
for bison:

http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/ax_prog_bison.html

You could adapt (it should be really easy) the following macro to
extract the bison version:

http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/ax_prog_perl_version.html

And finally compare that version with the required version using the
following one:

http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/ax_compare_version.html

Cheers,
Francesco