Regression in 2.4 ??

From: Nelson Ferreira
Subject: Regression in 2.4 ??
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 14:30:21 -0500

I have a very very simple parser and in 2.3 I could define some additional functions using YYSTYPE just by including the generated header because it defined:

#if ! defined YYSTYPE && ! defined YYSTYPE_IS_DECLARED
typedef int YYSTYPE;
# define yystype YYSTYPE /* obsolescent; will be withdrawn */
# define YYSTYPE_IS_DECLARED 1
# define YYSTYPE_IS_TRIVIAL 1
#endif

however, now in 2.4 this is what I get there:

#if ! defined YYSTYPE && ! defined YYSTYPE_IS_DECLARED

# define yystype YYSTYPE /* obsolescent; will be withdrawn */
# define YYSTYPE_IS_DECLARED 1
#endif

This strikes me as a bug, specially because you actually define YYSTYPE_IS_DECLARED to 1 without defining YYSTYPE.

I also tried defining YYSTYPE in the .y itself but it had absolutely no influence in the generated .y.