Re: Purpose of $default and $end

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Purpose of $default and $end
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 12:51:54 +0200

Le 2 mai 09 à 11:21, Samkit Jain a écrit :

When I checked the states generated by the parser, I found that there is a
difference in the way $default and $end are created for some states.

Can someone please tell me basic principle behind $end and $default terminal
symbols.

$default is not a symbol, it stands for "whatever the lookahed". $end stand for "yylex returned EOF". See the documentation for details.