Re: indentations instead of endtag in a grammar

From: Andreas Wagner
Subject: Re: indentations instead of endtag in a grammar
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:12:02 +0100

Hi folks,

im new to Flex and Bison. I have never worked before with these tools. But
now i have to write a parser that parses some code. My Problem is to write
rules for statements which have no "end-tags" like. I know how to write the
grammar for following statements:

If (...)
end

or
if (..) {  }

The source code that I have to parse loks more like:

 if(signal):
  variable_a := do_something
else:
  variable_b := do_something_other

variable_c := signal_x;

How can i tell Bison that that it has to look for the indentations? Has
anyone maybe an example that he/she can send me ? it would be very helpful,
because i havent seen such an example.

Regards Andreas