Re: Flex and Bison C++ Example

From: Istvan Sandor
Subject: Re: Flex and Bison C++ Example
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:33:33 +0100

Hi,

I definitely wouldn't say this:

"Edit: March 7 2010 [...] In C mode, the generated
code uses global variables to store information, making them
non-thread-safe. It is also a pain to create multiple different parsers
/ scanners and include them in the same program. Using C++ mode, all of
the data needed is encapsulated by the object, making all of the
generated code reentrant. You can have multiple different parsers /
scanners in the same program, and instantiate and use multiple instances
of each at the same time."

This simply isn't true, you can generate reentrant parsers with bison
and you can also safely have multiple different parsers by renaming
yyparse() and the like.

Just my 2 cents.

Istvan