Re: Call a non-start production

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Call a non-start production
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 18:47:04 +0200

On 18 Jul 2010, at 15:38, Panayiotis Karabassis wrote:

In my parser I have several productions. The start production is named "program". Further down I have a production named "expression" etc. For testing purposes I would like to parse a string using "expression" as the start production. Is this possible? My parser is a C++ parser.

Perhaps you might try %start (see the Bison manual) and ignore any messages about unreachable states.

  Hans