Re: how to send data up the stack

From: Sasan Forghani
Subject: Re: how to send data up the stack
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:23:55 -0400

Chris,

The project is for a CS class.  I don't know if I can submit it to the
list.  I don't want my code out on the internet.  I don't know how my prof
would feel about that.  That being said, I discovered that if I add any code
Bison's parse goes wrong.  Even if I add an empty action the parse goes
wrong.

For example:

expr : expr addop expr { }

causes Bison to parse a = b + c + d

c + d = something
b + something = something

On the note of sending data up the stack, my prof sent me an email with a
example script that I am going to try tonight.  Why do you think adding an
action to the rule causes Bison to to parse incorrectly?

Thanks again for all the help.