bison's pipe problem under msys + mingw

From: Celdee Flaire
Subject: bison's pipe problem under msys + mingw
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 16:59:36 +0900

 Dear GnuWin32 bison team.

When I was compiling Pixie(Pixar's open source renderer) under win32
platform, I met some problems.

Of course, the precompiled gnuwin32 bison binary works well. But I want
to change its program path like D:\Gnuwin32, so I decided to complie
gnuwin32-bison package for myself. To compile it, I used Msys. Problems
are below.

1. executing configure script, I met 'CreateProcess(NULL, mkdir -p
uniwidth, ...)' message, so I did './configure MKDIR_P="mkdir -p". ok,
it works well.

./configure --prefix=D:/Gnuwin32 MKDIR_P="mkdir -p"
make

2. Compiling progreloc.c, xreadlink.h is not there. I add a xreadlink.h
like below.

xreadlink.h :
extern char *xreadlink(char const *filename)

Finally, I could compile it and got a binary. (I don't know whether it
is correct..) And I copy bison.exe and yacc to my D:/Gnuwin32/bin
folder, add its path to a environment variable. of course, I copied
precompiled binary's share directory to D:/gnuwin32.

So Visual Studio 2008 IDE could use bison. But, my binary could do pipe
function, I came to know pipe function is a issue under mingw
environment. (During executing configure script, I found pipe was not
supported)

How do I compile bison under Msys + mingw completely?