Re: javascript_grammar_ecmascript_transform_unicode_problem

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: javascript_grammar_ecmascript_transform_unicode_problem
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:29:11 +0200

On 25 Aug 2011, at 03:13, Giannis St wrote:

> I would like to create a parser for javascript(certainly a subset of
> it). I tried to transform ecmascriptA3g(for antlr3) in order to use it
> in bison but i had some issues with some unicode characters.
>
> Does Bison support unicode chars?

As already pointed out, Bison does not care. If Flex is fed a .l UTF-8 file,
the "..." will be lexed correctly. As for character classes, I hacked together
some Haskell code for that:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-flex/2005-01/msg00043.html

> Has anyone tried to create a javascript grammar or a subset of it for bison?

Check in the Usenet newsgroup comp.compilers. A net-search for "javascript
bison grammar" gave:
  http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/00-03-079

Hans