Re: Where is old documentation? (for bison 2.4.1)

From: Balaco Baco
Subject: Re: Where is old documentation? (for bison 2.4.1)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 19:59:24 -0300

> > I downloaded the pdf "Bison | The Yacc-compatible Parser Generator, 23
> > January 2015, Bison Version 3.0.4" from page
> > http://www.gnu.org/software/bison/manual/ . But I need documentation for
> > version 2.4.1. I could not find a way to get it from GNU pages
>
> After running ./configure, run 'make pdf’ to get one in PDF. I am not
> sure how much of TeX you need installed, though.
>
> > I found old versions of the software itself, but not of that
> > documentation: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bison/ .
>
> Also here.

I imagined that they would be stored somewhere... anyway, I tried:

==
# tar xjf bison241...tgz
$ ./configure
# ...
$ make pdf
# ...
$ # ...search around...
$ cp doc/bison.pdf $HERE
==

I did not look what was/could be wrong, but there were no errors. If
someone want that, I have attached the small file I build.

Thank you!

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The professional email service