Re: context dependencies

From: Ron Burk
Subject: Re: context dependencies
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 22:25:45 -0800

Hi Ricky,

Just curious: What actually terminates an 'expr' production? For example,
if they were terminated by newlines and the parser encountered this token
stream:
  ID SINGLE_SPACE '\n'
do you intend to treat that as a "missing right-hand-side of SINGLE_SPACE
operator" error?

Likewise, I guess you're saying that this token stream:
    ID SINGLE_SPACE SINGLE_SPACE ID
would generate a syntax error, penalizing the user who accidentally (or to
make things line up) uses two spaces instead of one?

Trying to figure out exactly where the context boundaries are within which
you want white space to become significant.

Ron