Re: how to get left hand side symbol in action

From: Christian Schoenebeck
Subject: Re: how to get left hand side symbol in action
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 13:09:41 +0100

On Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2019 10:01:19 CET Akim Demaille wrote:
> Well, I did drop out the thread though.  And Bison 3.5 is out with still no
> progress on this matter.  Well, yes, there was a bit of improvement in that
> I clarified the doc and the examples on the fact that string literals (and
> hence yytname) are made for error messages, not for implementing the
> scanner.
>
> I'll start a new thread about creating error messages soon.  Let's tackle
> this in 3.6.

Looking forward to your suggestions how to address this in future instead.
Because accessing yytname[] directly with custom code on top of skeletons is
currently the only way to achieve the features we discussed in this thread.

> Cheers, and best wishes for 2020!

Yep, all the best and see you in 2020!

Best regards,
Christian Schoenebeck