Re: C preprocessor

From: Christian Schoenebeck
Subject: Re: C preprocessor
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 19:54:17 +0200

On Montag, 17. August 2020 19:19:43 CEST Giacinto Cifelli wrote:
> Thank you for taking the time to answer, unfortunately this isn't exactly
> what I was looking for.
> I am more interested in building a structure from a macro syntax than
> simply expanding them.

That was not my point. Of course you can also create a structure in the very
same way by just adjusting the scanner actions. My point was you don't need a
parser (e.g. Bison) for such simple tasks, as preprocessor tasks are usually
and entirely covered by the scanner.

Best regards,
Christian Schoenebeck