Re: can i rewrite yyparse() based on ACTION and GOTO tables extracted fr

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: can i rewrite yyparse() based on ACTION and GOTO tables extracted from XML output?
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2021 09:44:55 +0100

Hi Levin,

> Le 28 oct. 2021 à 08:24, elite liu <eligere.liu@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Dear Akim,
>
>        I am writing a utility that convert a table-driven dfa into
> condition/if-else form, for example:
> [...]

I have always wondered if code won't be more efficient than tables.
Since compiler and cpu have learned a lot of tricks to make code
faster, I wouldn't be surprised to have some speedup.

> If above codes are writen in tabled-driven implementation, it should be
> more concise.

Sure.  And compactness is also cache friendliness.  So I agree
it is very much unclear which approach will beat the other one.
On today's machines.

Cheers.