Porting bison to z/OS (ASCII based)

From: Mike Fulton
Subject: Porting bison to z/OS (ASCII based)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 04:43:47 +0000

Hi,

I am starting to port bison to z/OS and am curious about the best way to go
about debugging. When I go to run ‘bison’ on the sample rpcalc program, e.g.

Echo “4 9 +” | make run

it is getting killed due to stack overflow when running bison. I imagine this
is either because of some recursion in bison or a bug in our alloca() on z/OS,
although it’s a bug so who knows 😊

I poked around for some docs, and the docs said to come here… Appreciate your
help. And – if someone else has recently tried to port bison to z/OS (64-bit
ASCII preferred), would love to share!

Thanks, Mike