Cryptographic signature of configuration files

From: Mark R. Lindsey
Subject: Cryptographic signature of configuration files
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 23:45:44 -0500

Has anyone seen a study or a project using cryptographically-signed
centrally-managed configuration files?

I'm working on a system wherein configuration files will be distributed
from a central server to several secondary servers and finally to the
configured hosts (the `clients' in the whole system). I want the clients
to authenticate the new configuration files that are received. I'm hoping
that someone has already explored potential nonobvious complexities,
if there are any.

---
Mark R. Lindsey, mark@commerceEngine.com, +1-229-241-7378x200