2.0.a16 segmentation violation, core dumped

From: Rune Mossige
Subject: 2.0.a16 segmentation violation, core dumped
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:45:37 +0100

I have been struggling all day yesterday and today, with cfagent core
dumping for no apparent reason.

After a long struggle, I ran 'cfagent -v -d 4' and there I noticed it:

HandleClass(linux)
Simple identifier or class = (linux)
HandleItem(sendmail: accepti)
simple item = (sendmail: accepti)
wildcard = (signal=9)
HandleOptionalProcessAttribute(9)
GetCommAttribute(signal)
GetCommAttribute - got: signal
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This all come from the following section under 'processes:'

linux::
    "sendmail: accepti" signal=9 restart "/etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail start"

On linux systems, when I see the string 'sendmail: accepti', I want to
kill it, and restart it using /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail start

The funny thing is that cfagent dies on ALL platforms (sgi, linux,
solaris), when it apparently attempts to parse that directive.

I do not know if this is a bug, or my mistake.

           (-: Hiroshima 45, Chernobyl 86, Windows 95 :-)
Our ultimate goal is to make overloaded systems appear to be idle.
High performance, High reliability, Low cost -------- Pick any two.
Rune  Mossige,  Systems  Support  Engineer,  WesternGeco, Stavanger
Tel: (+47)51946869                             Mobile:(+47)90871024