core dump unders windows when downloading file

From: David Reiter
Subject: core dump unders windows when downloading file
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:35:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
 I am new to cfengine and am trying to get it working under
windows (windows 2000 with Cygwin). I have it working ok for
my linux clients.

 I downloaded the latest cygwin, installed it , then installed
BerkelyDB. (version 3.3.11) I then downloaded cfengine version
2.0.1 and installed everything.

After creating keys and copying conf files over to the windows
box I got cfagent to start up and it downloaded all the cf.*
files I told it to in the inputs directory.

 Now to my problem:
 I have a setup script that needs to be run when certain files
are copied over. So I have a lines in one of my cf files to
do the copy like this:

copy:

# Make sure the setup/install program has been copied over
  any::
   $(master_releases)/setup  dest=$(install_prog)
                                  type=binary
                                  server=$(policyhost)
                                  trustkey=true
                                  verify=true
                                  encrypt=true

When cfengine gets to this line for windows it seems to try to
copy the file over but then crash. Now I have similar lines
for all the important cf files in the input directory and it
does copy those files over without a problem. When I run
cfagent under gdb it seems to die on line 131 of net.c
which is the recv system call. They last few functions on
the stack are CheckImage, ImageCopy,CopyReg,CopyRegNet,ReceiveTransaction,
and finally RecvSocjetStream. Here are the last few lines that
cfagent spits out when running with verbose and debug on:
CopyReg(/mp3/tools/cfengine/masterfiles/releases/setup,/var/cfengine/rpms/setup)

This is a remote copy fromserver: bahama.mp3.com
Transaction Send[t 80][packet text]
SendSockeStream, sent 88
RecSocketStream(8)
Transmission empty...
Transaction Receive[][]
RecvSocketStream(2243012)

And from the server I get:
WildMatch(*.mp3.com,vunet-67k30nihl.mp3.com)
bahama.mp3.com: Host vunet-67k30nihl.mp3.com granted access to
/mp3/tools/cfengine/masterfiles/releases/setup
CfGetFile(/mp3/tools/cfengine/masterfiles/releases/setup on sd=5),
size=8076
Caller dreiter not owner of the file but permission granted
bahama.mp3.com::SendTransaction software failure
ReleaseCurrentLock()

Any ideas on what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

David.