cfengine / rename

From: skaar
Subject: cfengine / rename
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:58:16 -0500

unless I've missed something in the manuals, cfengine don't really
have a native 'rename'. One way I could think of getting this
done would be to add a dest= option to disable:

I currently let a module do this for SysV style init files, but
something like the below, would be nice:

disable:
  /etc/rc2.d/S88sendmail dest=/etc/rc2.d/s88sendmail

(recursive renames would be much more dangerous, but something like
 like what mmv is doing could be interesting:
   http://www-old.physik.fu-berlin.de/edv_docu/documentation/mmv-1.01b/
   mmv - move/copy/append/link multiple files by wildcard patterns
)

--
/skaar

+----- skaar@aol.net                     kent skaar ----------------+