Re: cfservd dying

From: Yves
Subject: Re: cfservd dying
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:09:53 GMT

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:39:33 -0600, Ryan Anderson wrote:
>While I haven't done this with cfservd yet, you could wrap cfservd in
>/etc/inittab with the 'respawn' option so that it will respawn the
>process if it ever dies. Anyone try this with cfservd? Any problems
>with
>it?

@Ryan,Mark,John thanks for quick answers...

Yes, we tried it with the respawn option in /etc/inittab, but with no success
(on AIX 4.3.3)
I'm not sure, but I think the problem was, that it was respawn to quick and so
there were many cfservd processes and error-messages (socket binding) - sounds
strange - I don't know exactly...
Restarting is actually not the problem - there is a crontab entry watching for
the process and restarting the deamon. I only want to know, why the process is
dying to get more familiar with cfengine.

I will try it with gdb trace.

Gruß Yves

 Y99@gmx.de am 12.03.2003