RE: Passing arguments to cfagent from cfexecd

From: Wheeler, John
Subject: RE: Passing arguments to cfagent from cfexecd
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:36:59 -0500

I think the only way is to modify the code. Cfexecd gets its environment
by execing cfagent -z. It doesn't have its own .conf file. You could
modify the source:

    559 snprintf(cmd,bufsize-1,"%s/bin/cfagent",WORKDIR);
    560 snprintf(line,100,CanonifyName(ctime(&starttime)));
    561
snprintf(filename,bufsize-1,"%s/outputs/cf_%s_%s",WORKDIR,CanonifyName(V
FQNAME),line);
    562
    563
    564 /* What if no more processes? Could sacrifice and exec() - but
we need a sentinel */
    565
    566 if ((fp = fopen(filename,"w")) == NULL)
    567    {
"cfexecd.c" line 559 of 968 --57%-- col 32

changing the snprintf above.

I had this same problem. I gave up on cfexecd for some of my stuff and
just run another cfagent out of cron.