addclasses and execresult

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: addclasses and execresult
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:15:38 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all,

Is it possible to use ExecResult with AddClasses?  I can't seem to get it
to work with more than on class:

control:
    AddClasses = ( ExecResult(/bin/echo "funtest morefuntest") )

    actionsequence = ( shellcommands )

shellcommands:
    funtest::
        "/bin/echo um, fun yay"

When I run this, I get "funtest morefuntest" enabled as a class, rather
than them both enabled separately.  I've tried separating them with ':'
and '\n' instead of ' ', but with no difference.  Obviously, this is a
trivial example and is not something I'd use in real life.

If I can do this, then I have to use a module to enable classes, but
cfengine seems to behave strangely WRT to ordering of modules.  For
instance, if I have a file like the following:

control: actionsequence = ( files)

files: /tmp/fun mode=644

control: actionsequence = ( "module:echo +funtest" files )

files: funtest:: /tmp/morefun mode=644

Then both 'files' sections are added together and run before the module
ever gets run, which means that the '/tmp/morefun' file is never operated
on.

Basically, I need some way to enable classes within cfengine as early as
possible in the parsing/execution process.  I thought my module method was
working, but I am getting inconsistent results, and it's definitely not
straightforward.  Is anyone doing this, and if so, how?

Thanks,
Luke

--
"Don't let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
                                 -- Asimov, "Foundation"