RE: best way to express an 'editfiles' idiom?

From: Wheeler, John
Subject: RE: best way to express an 'editfiles' idiom?
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:01:31 -0500

I use somewhat of a hybrid copy approach as well. I generally store all
config files in cvs. These config files are then seeded with values that
must be replaced. After a checkout, the file is copied and the values
are replaced with editfiles Replaceall based on classes that dictate the
replacement values.

If you require a service to be restarted based on the file changing, you
could edit the file in the cvs sandbox and copy to the destination only
if the files differ.