type=mtime

From: Akop Pogosian
Subject: type=mtime
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:16:34 -0700

When you specify type=mtime in copy: section, the file gets copied
only when the source version is newer. This works well if you assume
that nothing other than cfengine disturbs the files on a client.
However, I have run into a problem with some types of files. For
example, we distribute /etc/mail/submit.cf using cfengine. Once in a
while this file also gets replaced by a newer version by Solaris
patches. After that happens, cfengine does not put back the old file
unless I also update the source file's time stamp on the server. Is
there a way to make cfengine copy files whenever the mtime of the
source and destination files is not the same as opposed to what
type=mtime does by default?

-akop