seperating config files in cfagent.conf

From: Harry Hoffman
Subject: seperating config files in cfagent.conf
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:07:18 -0500

Hi All,

I'm kinda following along with the examples in cfegine 2.0. My question is this:
If I seperate out a solaris config file and then include it within cfagent.conf
wouldn't I need to specify the OS as a class to every actionsequence?

for example in the example cf.solaris:
disable:
    /etc/.login  type=file
    /bin/rdist

would I actually need to do:
disable:
   solaris2.7|solaris2.8|solaris2.9::
      /etc/.login type=file
      /bin/rdist

to make it specific to solaris? Or is it just assumed that other OS's won't have
these files/dirs/etc.?

Sorry if this is a rather simplistic question.

Also, is there an undo (or enable) for when screwups happen?

Thanks,
Harry

--
Harry Hoffman
hhoffman@ip-solutions.net

# Harry: version 4.0a                                            #
# Known bugs:                                                    #
# 1) Verbal output may occur before data processing is complete. #
# 2) Loudspeaker option may activate without being invoked.      #
# 3) Other bugs as reported                                      #

This mail sent through IpSolutions: http://www.ip-solutions.net/