Re: problem with copy stanza not firing

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: Re: problem with copy stanza not firing
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:37:34 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Eric Sorenson wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Luke A. Kanies wrote:
>
> > [ AddInstallable confusion ]
> > I just read someone's .sig which included the quote from Knuth about
> > premature optimization, and I think this might qualify. This probably
> > causes far more problems than it saves space.
>
> I may be blinded by proximity, but I think the two-pass-with-AddInstallable
> is a decent solution to the problem. It just needs to be advertised better.

What problem is it a solution to?  Storing the entire config in RAM?
That's not much, and I'm not sure it's worth the extra effort.  I haven't
looked into this portion of the code, so I'm not really sure how it's done
or how much of a difference it can make, but I can't think it would be a
very large performance optimization.

Luke

--
    The Washington Bullets are changing their name.  The owners no
    longer want their team's name to be associated with crime.  So from