Notification Woes

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Notification Woes
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 08:31:46 -0600

I'm having issues with only sporadically receiving mailed output from
cfexecd.

I've got the sysadm and smtpserver set correctly, the same config file
is used on all of my machines, yet one or more will cease emailing me
output.

Its quite obvious when its happening, as I have some hourly jobs that
are very noisy.

It also seems to change every time the machines have their configs
updated. Suddenly I'm being spammed, but it should have been happening
all along, while one machine is still silent.

I know its anecdotal evidence, I haven't pinpointed anything. However
I thought I'd ask if anyone else had experienced similar behavior.

Russell