Re: iterators in copy::

From: John Sechrest
Subject: Re: iterators in copy::
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 04:13:09 -0800

Frank Ranner <franner@NOSPAM.webone.com.au> writes:

 % I think you can do
 %   $(mf)/etc    dest=/etc
 %           include=hosts.allow
 %           include=hosts.deny
 %           include=inedt.conf
 %           mode=644
 %           recurse=1
 %           owner=root
 %           group=root
 %           type=checksum
 %           server=server.domain.com

 % Using include automatically excludes everything else

 Interesting.

So then the question in my mind is will this work:

    $(mf)/etc    dest=/etc
            include=$(files)
            mode=644
            recurse=1
            owner=root
            group=root
            type=checksum
            server=server.domain.com

That works to a point...

COPY /etc
 Mode +644
     -7133
 TO dest: /tmp/x
 action: fix
 Size > -1
 IfElapsed=15, ExpireAfter=240
 recurse=1
 xdev = n
 uids = ( 0 )
 gids = ( 0 )
 filters:
 exclude:
 ignore:
 symlink:
 include: /etc/hosts.allow:/etc/hosts.deny:/etc/inetd.conf
 classes = any
 method = c (time/checksum)
 server = localhost (encrypt=n,verified=n)
 accept the server's public key on trust? n
 purging = n
 Define
 ElseDefine
 FailoverClasses
 Single backup archive

 However, this ends up copying large pieces of /etc into the
 directory.

 I am very interested to understand better all of the places
 that you can put a list instead of specifying a file name directly.

 The solution that frank puts forward still requires the constant
 filenames to be specified. I need to find a way to replace all the
 filename constants with a list of filenames.

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively
                             .