Re: syncing files....

From: Will Lowe
Subject: Re: syncing files....
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:17:55 -0800

> And note that some packages will not install correctly as long as
> cfagent doesn't have a console, for example proftpd and
> emacs. Unfortunately, some installs use < /dev/tty, sigh. Oh, and
> some packages still use shell read,

Yeah.  I would file wishlist bugs against those packages requesting
that they use debconf instead.  That won't help in the short term
(before the next release) unfortunately.

In the short term you could probably adapt my script to use debwrap
pretty easily.  I haven't tried, but I think you could just set
$ENV{QANDA_DIR} or $ENV{QANDA_FILE} and throw "debwrap" on the front
of the system() call.

apt-get install debwrap && man 8 debwrap for more.

--
                                        thanks,

                                        Will