Re: cfexecd feature request

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: Re: cfexecd feature request
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 01:07:38 -0600

Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

> I don't really understand the message. Why can'y you just set
> splaytime = 0 if you don't want a splaytime?

I have the following construct in several places:

    cfagent -q 2>&1 | mail -s `hostname` `cfagent -a`

It seems like cfexecd was designed to do two things:

(1) schedule cfagent runs
(2) deliver output to sysadm

It seems like my snippet above is doing (2), just with -q.

I'd like to be able to say:

    cfexecd -Fq

This would be useful in my init script, and on the command line.

Not a big deal, it just makes things a little cleaner.