some issues compiling cfengine-2.1.1 under irix

From: Nicko Acks
Subject: some issues compiling cfengine-2.1.1 under irix
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:24:06 -0500

Platform: Irix 6.5.21
Build options:

  $ ./configure --with-berkeleydb=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2
  --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl --prefix=/usr/local/cfengine

I have gotten things configured the way I think I want them and
everything seems to build fine up until the point that it gets to the
docs directory.  At first things would just fail there due to the fact
that running "false" in place of having texinfo doesn't seem to work (I
really don't think I really need the texinfo docs anyhow).

I then tried installing texinfo (even though it isn't listed as a prereq
for cfengine) and building and I then got failures on generating html
docs (again something I am pretty sure I don't really need).

I can get the build to complete by just removing the docs directory from
the list of SUBDIRS in the master Makefile and then I just go and do a
"make install-man8" from within the doc directory to get the man pages.
I can do this, but I was just wondering if there is a better way to do
things (I usually try to capture all of my build options, changes so
that I can easily rebuild from fresh source).  Is there some easy way
from the config script to disable the html/texinfo/TeX docs from being
built?  I guess another option would be to fix the config script for
irix so that if texinfo isn't found that it won't try to build anything
but the man pages.

thanks
Nick

--