Re: DPKGPackageCheck() implementation.

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: DPKGPackageCheck() implementation.
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:43:59 -0600

The '--set-selections' option is cumulative in my experience. You can
call it multiple times with any number of packages, and the
dselect-upgrade gets them all. That means you don't have to maintain a
large monolithic package list.

Hence, you could just do the following to specify a package:

shellcommands:

        MyPackage::

        "/bin/sh -c \"echo 'mypackage install' | dpkg --set-selections\""

Afterward, run the dselect-upgrade and all the packages that had been
set will be installed.

I use the text files to hold an initial copy of "dpkg
--get-selections" so that I can track the overall package list. Since
I maintain my configs outside cfengine, a simple package list is no
big deal.

For my apps and local customizations, I use one liners like above or
small files with multiple package specifications for dependencies and
the like.

Russell