Re: [Infrastructures] FW: Version control checkout

From: Armin Wolfermann
Subject: Re: [Infrastructures] FW: Version control checkout
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:22:46 +0159

* Luke A. Kanies <luke@madstop.com> [30.03.2004 17:53]:
> I'm perfectly happy with my initial deployment solution, but I would love
> to hear others' ideas on how to do the later staged deployments of new
> versions of code or new ways of solving the same problems.  It's a
> difficult problem.

My cfagent.conf looks basically like this:

import:
        production::
                production.cf   # checked out from CVS

        development::
                beta.cf

        my_workstation::
                working_on.cf

I think it's most important to keep indivdual scripts short. Most of my
.cf files are less than 50 lines. If you do only one thing in a script,
development time is short enough to not bother with branching your CVS
repository.

Regards,
Armin Wolfermann