Re: Changing IP and Hostname...

From: Christian Pearce
Subject: Re: Changing IP and Hostname...
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:12:10 -0400

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 07:47, Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:
> > How many people trust the public keys to be transfered across there
> > networks?  For that matter do you trust you public host key for SSH. I
> > guess this is more of a security question.  I have a good level of trust
> > for my network and I am usually the first one to run the cfagent.  Plus
> > I only allow the IP I want on to contact cfengine.  I don't blanket
> > allow a class C.
>
> Why would you care about a public key? If you trust ssh, then you
> should trust cfengine.

I don't but you are suppose to copy the public key into place so you can
verify the original.  Is this not correct?  I get the feeling that most
people just trust the public key coming from the server is correct and
therefore safe.  I was just curious how many people are paranoid.

--
Christian Pearce
http://www.commnav.com