Re: list iteration?

From: Tod Oace
Subject: Re: list iteration?
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 15:36:28 -0700

On May 5, 2004, at 07:38, Luke A. Kanies wrote:

There are no restrictions on the number of control sections you have.

And it's effectively the same as putting them all in one place anyway, right? Cfengine coalesces everything into memory figuring out which things depend on which other things and then processes it all in the way it best sees fit. Or at least that's how it seemed after one cfengine debugging session anyway.

This functionality wasn't obvious to me at first, but I really like it. It means I can have a cf.sendmail that ensures smmsp is in /etc/group and also have a cf.apache that ensures www is in /etc/group. The two files don't have any dependancies on each other. I organize the work in a human way and cfengine coalesces it into an optimized computer way. Right?

--
Tod Oace, Intel Corporation <tod@intel.com>